The Octagonal Tower is 14th Century with one of the Bells inscribed “1371 in memory of John de Thwing, Prior of Bridlington.” The church was served by the Augustine priests of Bridlington Priory.
The Parish was formed in 1441. The Chancel Screen is Renaissance and the Altar Rail is Georgian. Tracery in the East Window dates from the Elizabethan period.
The Parish Registers date from 1597. Among the Silverware is a Chalice and Paten given to the church in 1619. The Clerestory was built during restoration work carried out in 1949.
The South Side of the Churchyard was relaid in 1968. The Pipe Organ was donated in 1969.
The Coat of Arms over the Chancel steps is that of Queen Anne, showing that St Michael’s was in receipt of Queen Anne’s Bounty. This was a small sum of money given to pay a Parish Priest.